I’m a huge fan of chicken and truth be told, it can sometimes be boring. So I was so excited when a friend told me about this recipe and I decided to try and the most exciting draw card for me was that it take less than 20 minutes. So anyone can do it and its pretty easy.
- 1medium oniondiced
- 1teaspoonfresh gingerfinely minced or grated (or use paste)
- 2-3clovesgarlicfinely minced or crushed
- 1 poundsabout 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into -inch chunks
- 1can6 oz. tomato paste (or 8-10 oz can of tomato sauce)
- 1tablespoongaram masala
- 1teaspoonchili powderor paprika, adjust to taste
- Mustard seeds
- 1/4tspblack pepper
- 1cupheavy creamsub for half & half or yogurt for low fat
- Hot cooked basmati rice and naan for serving
- Heat a large skillet or medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onions and cook onions down until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring so it doesnt burn.
- Add the chicken, tomato paste, and spices. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over Basmati rice or with naan.